Handling a constantly crying baby is not just a challenge but can be quite distressing too. Especially when you don’t have a clue why the baby is crying and you’ve tried every possible thing to pacify her. It’s easy to understand why you’re feeling totally helpless – and frustrated too. Don’t be disheartened. There’s no need to be worried too – because she’s not doing herself any lasting harm. So if you know that the baby’s basic demands have been met and there’s nothing physically wrong causing your baby to cry, then its time to turn the attention on you. Stop getting worked up and find ways to relax.
Here Are A Few Suggestions To De-stress:
- Take deep breaths to release your tension
- Listen to some soothing music
- Take a break. Hand over the baby to someone else in the family for a while
- Seek advice from other new parents through support groups or mother-and-baby groups on how to cope with the crying
- If none of this works, put your baby down somewhere and let her cry for a while out of your hearing